Austrian Photo Safari – looking up!

Austrian Photo Safari – looking up!

Decor

Stassny

Stars

The most obvious one of all!

Zara

10 Responses to “Austrian Photo Safari – looking up!”

1. August 13, 2010 at 3:48 pm
    Georgios

The umbrella is absolutely brilliant!

2. August 13, 2010 at 4:16 pm
    Matthew Martinez

Looks like Salzburg – love it!

3. August 13, 2010 at 5:09 pm
    cizekgraf

I´m glad you like it in Austria and I hope you´ll come to vienna, too someday!

4. August 13, 2010 at 9:16 pm
    Francesca

Is that Zara as in the best clothing store EVER Zara? If so that's the coolest sign they've ever come up with!

5. August 14, 2010 at 12:51 am
    Raisa

Lovely-lovely pictures!Especially the 1st one – "the gallery". Love the key and the Figaro Hair Salon!!!

6. August 14, 2010 at 3:38 pm
    Marie Koutná

Wow, nice photos. :)
    That strange roof going down the hill in the first photo fascinates me.

7. August 15, 2010 at 9:23 am
    Klassikfan

@ Marie Koutná
    I think this "strange roof" is the Mönchsberg lift: "The Mönchsberg lift takes you up and above the city roofs to the Mönchsberg in less than 30 seconds. Once you have reached the top, you can enjoy excellent views of the historic part of Salzburg."

@ Joyce
    While you were on stage last night there was a wonderful film about Rossini on TV – including some clips of your rehearsals of "Il Barbiere" at La Scala – followed by your outstanding "Cenerentola" from Barcelona! Sometimes the TV programmes do give us pleasant surprises.

8. August 15, 2010 at 11:33 am
    Vanette

Thank you for posting your Twitters on your blog page. That way I don't have to get a Twitter account to stay updated.
    Concerning your Photo Safari, I'm again impressed with your photo eye. When we were in Salzburg 4 years ago I took pictures of a lot of the same signs but my compositions are more of the memory jogger variety. You are inspiring me to do try harder. Enjoy Edinburgh.

9. August 15, 2010 at 2:42 pm
    Marie Koutná

@ Kassikfan
    Thank you for the information. I must try it when I visit Salzburg then – if I ever visit it… :D

10. August 16, 2010 at 1:54 pm
    artandhockey

Wie mich dass zurueckfuehrt… Mirabellgarten, Wasserspiele, Gnome, Miozartkugeln, Salzburger Nockerl, Schnuerrlregen… die Liste ist endlos ;)
    Enjoy your stay, Salzburg in sun or rain IS special!