Look, Norma…

It’s NORMA day in the Alps!! Guard your children, dump the cheating Roman’s, and sing joyfully in thirds!

(Can you tell I’m excited for tonight?)

Happy Monday!

8 Responses to “Look, Norma…”

1. August 9, 2010 at 10:27 am
    pesce42

Don't break any legs! But, have an amazing opening night! Looks like a glorious day- the picture is spectacular!

In bocca al lupo!

2. August 9, 2010 at 12:20 pm
    Taminophile

My favorite opera in my favorite city with some of my favorite singers! How I'd love to be there!

3. August 9, 2010 at 12:51 pm
    Wolfgang

Good Luck and ENJOY!!

4. August 9, 2010 at 2:05 pm
    Vanette

I join in the well-wishers chorus. Oh how we would love to be there. By the way the picture is lovely.

5. August 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm
    Gi

Have fun, sing beautifully and be a huge success.

6. August 9, 2010 at 5:57 pm
    chris

Marvelous picture. Is this your first Norma? Great opera; great fole.

7. August 9, 2010 at 7:30 pm
    gaulimauli

I trust it went well. Two pros joined by beautiful music-what else can one ask for.
    Gonna see "Lulu"? They say it's quite a lingerie show.This place must be like a rich opera fan's candy store, every night a new thrill. One could drop 10,000 Euros here without even shopping in the Gasse. Mozart would look on in amazement.
    Well, ruhe sanft.

8. August 9, 2010 at 11:53 pm
    Klassikfan

It is 1:45 in the morning, but I can't go to sleep after such an outstanding "Norma day/night". This has been something very very special.
    I have never heard such a perfect, celestial vocal harmony between Norma and Adalgisa as it has been between Edita Gruberova and Joyce DiDonato. Obviously it wasn't only me who felt like this because the whole audience almost "exploded" with applause and BRAVI after their long and fascinating duet in Act II.
    The same happened at curtain calls – Edita and Joyce brought the house down. (But let me not forget the "rest" of the cast with such a luxury as Ferruccio Furlanetto in the role of Oroveso, and Marcello Giordani, Ezgi Kutlu and Luciano Bothelo). But anyway, it was the "ladies' night" on stage, and I am glad to have been part of the audience.
    (Sadly, none of the artists came out at the stage door afterwards, but maybe there was a reception?)